How to Use Your Electric Airless Spray Gun
An electric airless spray gun is one of the most efficient and fastest tools you can use for painting. It uses high pressure from a motorized pump instead of compressed air to atomize the paint particles and force these through the spray tip. Aside from allowing you to cover a large area with a single spray, it also produces a uniform thick coating, eliminating the need to re-apply several coats. In addition to this, the high pressure enables it to penetrate small pits and crevices.
Using an electric airless spray gun is very easy but it requires proper handling and adequate care to prevent any damages or injuries. Below is a quick guide on how to use a typical electric airless spray gun.
- Prepare the area that you need to paint by covering the floor, windows, floor, furniture, and other things that you do not want to get painted on. You may use newspapers or old pieces of cloth.
- Keep a window or a door open to make sure that you get enough ventilation inside the room. It would be best if you can set up an exhaust fan to draw the paint solvent and vapor out of the room. Garb yourself in old clothes that will cover your arms and legs. Find something to cover your head and nose as well.
- Although most electric airless spray gun have built-in filters inside, it will still be good to filter the paint before filling the gun’s paint container with it.
- Plug your electric airless spray gun into an electrical outlet.
- Test your spray gun by getting a piece of wood or cardboard and doing a test spray.
- When you are ready to paint, keep the gun at a steady distance of around 1 foot from the surface you are painting on while moving the gun back and forth.
- It only takes a few tries to get the hang of it. Continue painting until you have covered the whole surface.
- Clean your airless spray gun.
Make sure to carefully read and follow the instruction manual that comes with your electric airless spray gun before using it. The set of instructions above is only a guide and not meant to replace any manual that came with your airless spray gun.
You can find our listing of businesses that sell airless spray guns below. For additional information on airless spray guns, please fill up the contact form. If you own a business that sell airless spray guns and would like to be included in our business listing, visit our Advertise page to find out how.